Barley Straw has been used in England for many years. Many pond owners have had success with barley straw in the treatment of A multi-celled microscopic organisms that shares many characteristics with plants, however, lacking stems, roots, and does not flower.string and filamentous algae. Barley Straw gives good results in most ponds, but does not work in all ponds.
- 2 bales per pack (each treats 1000 gallons).
- Each bale measures approximately 3-1/2" in diameter and 8-1/2" long.
- Bales should be replaced every 6 months.
- Cork float included.
- Allow 1 month for results.
- Treats up to 2,000 gallons.
Instructions for use:
- Calculate approximate water content of pond. Need help?
- Determine how many mini bale(s) are required to treat pond.
- Place mini bale on the surface of the pond, preferably near waterfall or filter outlet.
- Allow one month for the mini bale to become effective.
- Replace each mini bale after six months of use. After five months, place new bale next to the old one and then remove the oldest one at six months.
- For best results keep the barley straw mini bale floating in the pond year round.