MinnFinn a Safe and Biodegradable Treatment for Koi and Goldfish
Safe for you, your fish and the environment
Contents of this package treats 220 gallons of water. MinnFinn is Effective for
Larger size treats 2,240 gallons
- Control of Protozoal Parasites; eg. Trichodina and Chilodonella in one (1) treatment and Costa in two to three (2-3) treatments.
- Control Flukes in one (1) to three (3) treatments (Species dependent)
- control of Ich in three (3) to five (5) treatments (Each case of Ich is unique and must be evaluated during treatment program for number of doses needed)
- External Bacterial Infections such as Bacterial Gill Disease, Columnaris, Mouth Rot and Fin Rot in one (1) to three (3) treatments
- controls fungus
- Active Ingredients:
- Hydrogen Peroxide: 5.9%
- Peracetic Acid: 1.4%
- Inactive ingredients: 92.7%
MinnFinn is good to treat a number of organisms found on the outside of your fish. MinnFinn eliminates PROTOZOA parasites, FLUKES and many external BACTERIAL infections. MinnFinn has effectively eliminated protozoa infections, fluke infections, red sores on fish and bacterial gill infections.
MinnFinn Treatment Recommendations
MinnFinn can eliminate most PROTOZA infections in ONE treatment (i.e. Costia and Trichodina). Cases of ICH will require three treatments with one day between treatments. Bacterial Gill Disease was effectively treated in one treatment and Red Sores cleared up in one to two. Flukes were cleared in one to three treatments (applied as for ich) depending on the species of fluke.
No Need for Water Changes
After neutralizing, MinnFinn does not require water changes making it very simple and safe to use.
MinnFinn is Neutralizable so the treatment is ended immediately with the application of NeuFinn. Once neutralized it is like the treatment was never there.
Is MinnFinn Is Environmentally Safe
MinnFinn is safe to discharge directly into open water bodies. It is registered with the EPA. MinnFinn is the most effective yet environmentally benign therapy on the market today.
MinnFinn Comparison to Formalin and Malachite Green
Not only is MinnFinn more effective on a wider variety of pathogens, it is also non-toxic and not persistent in the environment as Formalin and Malachite Green are. While MinnFinn has a strong smell and you need to avoid contact, there are no long term affects like formalin and malachite green.
How does MinnFinn compare to praziqunatel
MinnFinn is as effective against flukes as praziquantel while controlling other pathogens that might be present. MinnFinn is also cheaper to apply and has no negative environmental impacts.
MinnFinn shelf life
MinnFinn should be stored in a cool place out of direct sunlight. With proper storage the shelf life is 1 year.
MinnFinn Can Be Used Anytime
MinnFinn can be used throughout the year and has shown to be compatible with fish in water containing salt. Like all therapies, it is not recommended for use in combination with ANY other treatments.
MinnFinn is manufactured in the USA for AquaSolver
Label information including application instructions
Application of MinnFinn
- One bottle treats 220 gallons
- It is recommended that the user wear gloves and eye protection when applying MinnFinn.
- Make sure you have an accurate pond volume to avoid over dose and under dose (Pond Volume Calculator).
- Increase aeration to tank/pond to maximize oxygen levels and to ensure proper mixing of treatment.
- When treating Flukes and Costla leave filter online for the first treatment. When treating other diseases placing filter on bypass is optional. If left online expect small impact on nitrification for 2 to 3 days. Bypass filter for further treatments.
- Dilute the required quantity of MinnFinn in a 3/4 full 5 gallon bucket(s) using water from the pond to be treated or tap water for up to 250 mL (8.45 US fluid ounces) of MinnFinn. Use a separate bucket for each 250 mL (8.45 US fluid ounces) of MinnFinn to be applied.
- Spread the mixture around the entire edge of the pond or in the upwelling from an air diffuser to ensure good mixing which will reduce the potential of an area of high concentration fish may pass through.
- Let MinnFinn treatment run for one (1) hour.
- Normal treatment behavior will be lethargy, mild to moderate increase in respiration, and possible mild agitation.
- See required NeuFinn directions (see below) for preparation prior to the end of the treatment.
- If fish appear severely distressed indicated by rolling over and appear to be falling asleep, apply NeuFinn immediately anytime during the treatment.
- Do not use with any other treatment.
Application of NeuFinn Required
- While the MinnFinn treatment is underway, prepare the NeuFinn neutralizer for application.
- In the same 5 gallon bucket(s) used to distribute the MinnFinn treatment, mix the required amount of NeuFinn neutralizer in a 3/4ΓÇÖs full bucket with either pond or tap water. Use a separate bucket for each 1/4 bag of NeuFinn applied.
- After the one (1) hour MinnFinn treatment is complete, apply the dissolved NeuFinn to the pond in the same manner as you did the MinnFinn around the perimeter of the pond or over an air diffuser.
- Return water flow to the pond and/or filter.
For every 100 gallons of pond water treat and neutralize with the following:
1.6 fl. oz. (44.63 mL) of MinnFinn Biodegradable Pond Treatment 3 measured teaspoons (17.25 g) of NeuFinn Neutralizer
For every 2,000 gallons of pond water treat and neutralize with the following:
30.1 fl. oz. (892 mL) of MinnFinn Biodegradable Pond Treatment 1-1/4 cups (345 g) of NeuFinn Neutralizer
Benefits of MinnFinn
- Water changes not required after treatment
- Completely eliminated after neutralization
- No harmful environmental impact
- Not cancer causing (unlike products containing formalin and malachite green)
- Increases dissolved oxygen
Statement of Practical Treatment
It is recommended that the user wear gloves and eye protection when applying MinnFinn. Avoid contact with skin and if exposed rinse thoroughly with water and apply NeuFinn. In case of contact with eyes, flush with large amounts of water for at least fifteen (15) minutes. For eyes, get prompt medical attention. If swallowed, drink large amounts of ate immediately to dilute. Do not attempt to induce vomiting. Call a physician immediately. For chemical emergency, spill, leak, fire, exposure and accident, call Chemtrec 1-800-424-9300. Outside the USA and District of Columbia call 7013-527-3887.
Storage & Disposal
Not available to ship to Canada
- Store in original container
- Bottle contains liquid product with vented cap.
- Store with indicated side up to prevent leakage.
- Do not expose to direct sunlight.
- Maintain temperature below 75┬░F (24┬░C)
- Avoid contact with combustible materials.
- Avoid contamination from any source, including metals, dust, etc. Such contamination may cause rapid decomposition, generation of large quantities of oxygen gas and high pressures.